4 Stars Rating
Recommended for cats
and small to medium sized dogs
The Pioneer Pet Raindrop Drinking Fountain is a nice looking unit that continuously circulates filtered drinking water. By imitating natural running water the fountain encourages your pets to drink healthy amount of water every day. Though the unit is relatively small because of its design, it has the capacity to store 60 oz.(1.7L) of moving water. While it can be your pet’s favorite new toy, it will also be a useful and unique decoration item of your modern household.
The fountain doesn’t require as much space as a bigger model with free-falling stream, yet provides your pet fresh, filtered and continuously circulated drinking water. The slide-system gives your pet two options to drink from (top and bottom) while it keeps the water in circulation. This system ensures that the water won’t splash out on the floor, still makes the running water interesting enough for your pets to play with it and encourages them to drink more water.
Since this fountain is made of heavy duty ceramic, the cleaning of the product is extremely easy and it’s 100% dishwasher safe. All you have to do is unplug the fountain, disassemble the unit, take out the pump of the housing then scrub and rinse the ceramic parts. Let the parts dry after the cleaning before assemble.
The unit has premium charcoal filters that purify the water from debris and remove unpleasant odors. The replaceable filters are made of natural materials and it’s easy to change them. The near-silent operating motor moves the water through the filters, oxygenates and purifies it and prevents bacteria growth between cleanings. With its elegant oval shape and durable ceramic bowl, this pet fountain will fit nicely in your home.
- Continuously moving filtered water
- Durable ceramic material – easy to clean
- 60 oz. (1.7 L) capacity
- 100% dishwasher-safe
- Premium replaceable charcoal filters
- Modern, elegant design
- Patent pending design – easy to disassemble
- Product Dimensions: 13.2 x 11 x 5.2 inches
- Product Weight: 4.2 pounds
- Six feet (1.82 m) long power cord.
- Water slide system prevents splashes
- Quiet operation
- Easy to assemble and to operate
- Easy to clean, dishwasher-safe
- Elegant and modern design
- Durable ceramic material
- Two drinking areas
- Replaceable charcoal filters
- Small design with big capacity
- While it made of durable ceramic, it’s still more fragile than a plastic or a stainless steel model
- Can be heavy when filled with water
- Needs to be cleaned regularly
Tips if you choose this item
- Make sure that the water level doesn’t get too low or the pump can burn out and get damaged.
- You can use a sponge or an old toothbrush to clean the smaller parts of the unit.
- If you notice that the pump stops working or doesn’t push water with enough force, you may need to disassemble the unit and clean the pump.
- If your home has hard-water problem, you may want to use pre-filtered water when you refill the fountain.
The ceramic design and the oval shape of Pioneer Pet Raindrop Drinking Fountain make this fountain unique and really attractive. The assembling of the unit is really simple but the instructions on the box are not always clear. I recommend this item if you want to surprise your cat or dog with a new healthy toy and yourself with a new useful design product. The Raindrop Ceramic pet fountain by Pioneer Pet can be an elegant design piece of your home while you keep your pets healthy and hydrated. It doesn’t require a lot of space but if you are willing to refill the relatively small bowl regularly, then it will be a smart choice for your cats or dogs.