4+ Stars Rating
Recommended for cats and small to medium sized dogs
Don’t be surprised by the design of the Drinkwell Pagoda Pet Fountain by Petsafe, while it looks like an object of art, it’s still a fully functional drinking fountain for your pets. The sound and the sight of the moving water attracts your cats or dogs to the fountain and entices them to drink healthy amounts of water on a daily basis. It helps you keep your pets healthy, because increasing the daily water intake can prevent serious illnesses caused by dehydration.
The fountain made of durable white ceramic, but you can also purchase red or blue colored models. The ceramic material keeps the circulated water fresh and cool, while it makes the cleaning extremely easy. Special premium replaceable filters keep the water clean and purified. The charcoal filters absorb the small debris and the unpleasant odors from the tap water.
The Pagoda has two drinking areas, an upper and a lower dish, and the dual stream system adds oxygen to the moving water. Both areas can provide for your pets oxygenated and filtered fresh water. The fountain has a capacity of 70 fluid ounces.
- Elegant and modern ceramic design
- Two dishes, two drinking areas
- Free-falling dual stream system
- Encourages your pets to drink more
- Premium replaceable charcoal filters
- Foam filter protects the motor
- Quiet operating submersible pump
- 70 fluid oz. capacity
- Low voltage system
- Product Dimensions: 10.6 x 12.2 x 8.4 inches
- Shipping Weight: 6.9 pounds
- Easy to setup
- Easy to maintain
- Easy to refill
- Quiet pump
- Two drinking areas
- Dual free-falling streams
- Easy-to-change filters
- Pre-filter protects the pump from debris
- Ultra-quiet submersible pump
- Ideal for multiple small animals
- Modern and unique design
- Soothing water sound
- Approved by UL (independent safety testing company)
- Doesn’t tip over easily
- Relatively small capacity
- Hand washing is preferred
- Two types of filters need to be replaced
- No reservoir to hold extra water
- More fragile than plastic or stainless steel pet fountains
Tips if you choose this fountain
- To keep the water sound on minimum, refill often and operate the fountain with high water level. The splashing sounds won’t be loud if the free-falling system has a shorter distance to get to the water.
- Even if you have one pet you will need to change the water at least every 4 days and clean the unit once a week.
- To prevent hard-water buildup use pre-filtered water instead of tap water.
- Make sure that the fountain doesn’t run on too low water level, it can seriously damage the pump.
- Give your pets enough time to get used to the new fountain and provide other water sources for them in the first weeks.
Drinkwell Ceramic Pagoda Pet Fountain is a modern and beautiful model. I highly recommend it if you want an elegant object that also keeps your pets healthy. The porcelain dishes are very easy to clean and more hygienic than a plastic unit, because it helps to reduce bacteria and moss formations. While the fountain might be a little small for more than two cats or small sized dogs, with regular cleanings and refills it can be a healthy toy for your pets. If you ever noticed that your cats like to drink from dribbling faucets then I guarantee that they will love it.