4+ Stars Rating
Recommended for cats and dogs
The Drinkwell Multi Tier pet fountain (or Multi-Level fountain) by PetSafe is the perfect solution for multiple-pet households. The unit with its big, 100 fluid oz. capacity (~3L) can be smart choice whether you have cats or dogs at your home. By circulating the drinking water in its multi-level system, the fountain imitates the water sources of nature and it will attract your pets and encourage them to drink healthy amounts of fresh, clean drinking water. The two huge drinking areas give your pets the choice to drink from wherever they want and allow more than one animal to drink at the same time. The elevated dish is comfortable for bigger dogs as well.
It comes with a replaceable charcoal filter that removes the bad odor and constantly purifies the circulating water. These premium filters can absorb the smallest impurities from the water and keep large quantities of water clean and fresh for days. Make sure that you don’t operate the unit without the filter, because hard-water and debris like animal hair can get the pump clogged.
The wide patented free-falling system aerates and adds oxygen to the water and makes soothing and relaxing splashing sound while the built-in ramp keeps the noise down. If the sound gets louder make sure that the unit doesn’t operate with a too low water level and refill if necessary. The unit is made of BPA-free hard plastic that is very easy to clean and safe for your pets.
- Big capacity (100 fluid oz.; ~3L)
- Continuously circulated fresh and filtered drinking water
- Free-falling system aerates the water for extra freshness
- Elevated dish for the comfortable drinking area
- The lower bowl is optimal for small pets
- Receiving ramp prevents loud splashing noise
- Replaceable special charcoal filters
- Quiet submersible pump
- 12V low voltage system
- Made of non-toxic, BPA-free plastic
- Product Dimensions: 8.5 x 11.9 x 5.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.2 pounds
- Easy to use and clean
- Easy to setup
- No need for reservoir, the capacity is big enough for multiple pets
- Two drinking areas
- Free-falling system with receiving ramp
- Replaceable filters
- Low power consumption
- Durable plastic design
- Submersible pump for the quiet operation
- Plastic material is not as hygienic as stainless steel or ceramic designs
- Available in only one color
- Needs to clean often
- Pump can be noisy when operating with low water level
Tips if you choose this fountain
- Make sure that the fountain is operating with enough water at all the time. Don’t let it run out of water because low water-level can damage the pump.
- Change the filter in every 2-4 weeks depending on the number of pets in your home.
- You can set up a timer with the fountain and you won’t have to turn it on and off every day.
- Make sure that you have installed the filter properly, the black part faces the motor and the taller side faces the bottom of the fountain.
The Drinkwell Multi Tier Pet Fountain is a smart solution for multiple pet households. With its large capacity you don’t need to refill the unit every day and you can provide fresh, filtered drinking water to all of your pets. I highly recommend the fountain for cats and even for bigger dogs, because the circulated moving water will surely attracts them to play and to drink more water that keeps the hydrated and healthy.