4+ Stars Rating
Recommended for cats
and small sized dogs
The Senses pet fountain from Catit Design is a smart solution to encourage your pets to drink more water. Drinking healthy amount of water daily protects your pet’s health against liver or kidney diseases and prevents illnesses connected to dehydration. This unit’s elevated design gives a comfortable option for your cats or dogs to to play with the water stream and to increase their daily water intake. Its large water surface helps to add oxygen to the water and keeps it fresh longer.
The stream spurts from a hole in the center of the fountain and then the water flows down on the sides of the spherical surface. The water gets filtered in a multi-level system, where the filters purify the water from any debris and removes the unpleasant odors. The unit comes with a replaceable charcoal filter with activated carbon that helps to absorb any water impurities. Under normal conditions of use the filters have to be replaced once a month with one pet.
The fountain is ideal for cats and small to medium sized dogs and can be used in multiple-pet households. Though it has a capacity of 100 fluid oz. water (~3L), if you have several pets, you may want to check the water level often. When the water level gets too low in the unit, it might get louder.
- The circulated water entice your pets to drink more
- Replaceable filters with activated coal
- Ideal for multiple small sized pets
- Large surface area adds oxygen to the water
- Consumes less than 4 watts, using less power than a night light
- Product Dimensions: 7.5 x 8.3 x 8.7 inches
- Weight: 2 pounds
- Easy to setup
- Easy to assemble
- Easy to clean and replace the filters
- 100 oz. capacity (~3L)
- Large surface are adds extra oxygen to the water
- Ultra-quiet operation
- Elevated drinking area
- Optimal size for small and medium sized pets
- Multi-level filtering system
- Affordable price
- No access to water when it’s turned off
- Needs to be cleaned often
- Plastic can irritate sensitive cats
- It can take time for your pet to use to it
Tips if you choose this fountain
- Cleaning the unit regularly will extend its longevity.
- If the fountain gets louder refill it with water. If the noises don’t stop, you might need to disassemble the unit and clean the pump.
- To prevent hard-water buildup fill the fountain with pre-filtered tap water after the cleanings.
I can recommend this pet fountain for cats and small sized dogs if you want them to increase their water intake. While shy pets may be scared at first, the sound and the sight of the spouting water will attract them to the fountain in a short time. The unit has a uniquely large surface area, that helps the oxygenation of the continuously flowing fresh water. The only disadvantage I can tell about this item is that when it’s turned off, your pet can’t access the water, so please keep in mind to leave a water bowl or any other source of water beside the unit when you leave your pet at home alone.