4 Stars Rating
Recommended for cats and small dogs
The Aspen Pet Cool Flow Pet Fountain by Petmate is a good choice if you are looking for a unit with unique design and useful features. The fountain provides filtered running water that entice your pets to drink healthy amount of water daily. The special replaceable filters purify the water and the quiet-operating submersible pump circulates the clean and oxygenated fresh water.
The Aspen Pet Cool Flow Pet Fountain comes with a 108 oz. capacity reservoir that automatically adds water to the drinking bowl when the water level gets low. It’s also a good investment because the package includes a 120-day supply of the replaceable charcoal filters. If you choose this unit you won’t need order new filters for a while.
The quiet, near-silent operating submersible pump won’t scare away your pets and they will love the sound and the sight of the fresh, moving water. The design of the unit prevents the water from splashing and landing on your floor and special rubber feet will keep the bowl steady.
The Aspen Pet Cool Flow Pet Fountain is available in three colors and three sizes:
Colors: black, white and bleached linen.
- 50 oz. capacity with dimensions: 10.9”x 9.25”x 5.2”
- 108 oz. capacity with dimensions: 14.1″ x 10.1″ x 7.7″
- 216 oz. capacity with dimensions: 17.4″ x 14.4″ x 8″
This review applies to the 108 oz. capacity version.
- Entice your cats or dogs to drink more water
- The filtered, continuously circulated water prevents bacteria growth
- Comes with a 108 oz. reservoir made of transparent plastic
- Oxygenates the water
- Comes with 120-day filter supply
- Quality Material: Made of safe plastic
- Easy to setup
- Ultra-quiet operation
- Adjustable flow lever
- Extra reservoir for extended capacity
- 120-day filter supply
- Special replaceable charcoal filters
- Ramp for the moving water
- Near-silent submersible pump
- Non-slip rubber feet
- Easy to fill, easy to clean
- Ideal for multiple cats or small dogs
- Recommended by veterinarians
- Good price
- Needs to clean regularly
- Needs to change filters often
- Not dishwasher-safe
- Might be loud if the water level is too low
Tips if you choose this item
- If your household has hard-water problem it’s a good idea to pre-filter the water before you fill the reservoir.
- Use a sponge to clean the smaller parts of the unit. Regular cleaning extends the longevity of the fountain.
- Keep in mind that the reservoir doesn’t add water continuously to the fountain, only when the water level in the bowl is low.
- It might be a good idea to choose one of the bigger models if you have more than 2 cats or dogs.
The Aspen Pet Cool Flow Pet Fountain is a perfect choice if you want to surprise your pets with a toy that keeps them healthy while it gives them something to play with. I’m sure that they will love the enticing sound of the running water and won’t be scared of the unit, since it has an ultra-quiet operating pump. Depending on the number of your pets you might want to purchase a bigger fountain but it’s an ideal water source for 2 cats or small dogs. With a little maintenance, like changing filters and cleaning regularly, this unit can be a good solution to encourage your pets to drink more and it can help you prevent several diseases connected to dehydration.